Superpowered Android Audio Engine
All the audio developers who download the Superpowered Audio Engine get an email from us asking a few questions. We'd like to highlight some of the notable responses. We received this response yesterday (edited for clarity).
Hi, I am an indie game developer from Puerto Rico and I really want to thank you for this awesome audio processing library!!!
- How did you find out about Superpowered Android Audio Engine?
- By Google. I was just searching for a multi-platform solution since last Android update screwed my own OpenSLES implementation and I don’t want to spend my development time fixing the sound engine for every update.
- What was the biggest problem the Superpowered Android Audio Engine solved for you?
- I needed an audio processing library for mobile which could manage Playback rate changes on the fly and I can do this in both Android and iOS. I love you guys! (I was able to accomplish this with OpenSLES but in last update it just stopped working).
- What made the Superpowered Android Audio Engine easy to implement?
- Really easy to implement and trusting in your word, as you advertised, if this library is fully independent it is really going to make my life so easier!
- Was there anything confusing about it?
- Just the android example (since I am using Eclipse and I am not an expert with it). I had to add an extra builder for the NDK part and generate again the “.so” files but that was it.
- What else would you like to see in Superpowered?
- Right now my app uses encrypted music and decrypts them on the fly. Is there anyway to load data instead of using a file path to play music? (for android too). I just can’t believe it is FREE!!! I was willing to pay for a library and I miraculous found you guys! Thanks again (and yes I am willing to contribute with a donation).
This is the sort of feedback that tells us the Superpowered team that we are fulfilling our mission. Thank you.
See what a developer had to say about Superpowered free time stretching.