HTTP Live Streaming for Android, Superpowered Android Audio IO, and Audio Resampler
Full details on Superpowered update (version 0.8.5):
Superpowered now offers HTTP Live Streaming (audio) for Android and iOS.
- VOD, live or event streams.
- AAC-LC or MP3 audio encoding.
- ADTS AAC, MP3 or MPEG-TS containers.
- Supports byte range requests and AES-128 encryption.
- Bandwidth measurement and selectable automatic stream switching.
- Selectable download strategies: download all remaining content after the playhead, download everything (even before the playhead), seconds ahead (not downloading more than X seconds ahead of the playhead).
Other improvements for Superpowered version 0.8.5 include:
HTTP Live Streaming for iOS and Android example project.
How to create a simple HLS audio player with seeking, buffering indicator and time displays. Choose from multiple live and vod streams, multiple download strategies and enable time stretching.
Proper cleanup. Start/stop methods. Automatic start/stop for silent audio when the app goes to the background to save battery.
OSX system audio input/output helper
Similar to the AndroidAudioIO and iOSAudioOutput classes, it implements an easy to use way to handle the default audio input/output of OSX. It has an internal fifo buffer for one callback input/output handling.
Supports HTTP Live Streaming. Fine pitch shifting using the setPitchShiftCents method. Direct reading from the iPod music library on iOS (check the offline example project for sample code).
Other improvements, updates and fixes:
- Improved time stretching audio quality, no more “pumping volume” issue.
- 16-bit output option for the Superpowered Audio Resampler.
- Superpowered Interleave And Get Peaks for interleaving and input volume monitoring in one step.
- Offline analyzer can return with separate low, mid and high waveforms too.
- Simplified FFT API: removed prepare and cleanup functions for FFT, they are not needed anymore.